The NHB Recruitment 2023 notification has been published on nhb.gov.in. The National Horticulture Board or NHB is an autonomous organization of the Ministry of Agriculture and Farmers Welfare Government of India. The organization has published a notification for the post of Senior Horticulture Officer. Its a group B post and the recruitment to this post will be conducted by the National Testing Agency or NTA.
The registration process is already started for this post and the last apply date is 5th January 2024. Candidates who have passed graduation from Recognized University in Horticulture, Agriculture, Food Technology or Food Harvest or relevant agriculture and food subjects can apply for this post.
NHB Recruitment 2023
NHB recruitment 2023 registration process started from 16th December 2023 and last apply date is 5th January 2024. This recruitment in National Horticulture Board will be completed for total 25 posts of Senior Horticulture Officer post. All those interested applicants who have not applied yet, can complete their registration process through the official portal of National Horticulture Board nhb.gov.in. Applicants from Unreserved (UR), Economically Weaker Section (EWS), Scheduled Caste (SC), Scheduled Tribe (ST), OBC-NCL category can apply for this post.
However, the applicant should have passed Graduate or Master’s Degree in Horticulture / Agriculture / Food Technology or relevant category of subjects. The registration fee for SC and ST category applicants is Rs.500 and for General/OBC/EWS category applicants is Rs.1000. But there is no registration fee for pwd candidates If we look at the pay scale of this Group B post, we can see that the pay scale structure is based on level 6 Pay matrix and will be between Rs 35,400 to Rs 1,12,400.
NHB Recruitment 2023 Overview
|NHB Senior Horticulture Officer
|National Horticulture Board
|Registration start date
|16th December 2023
|Last apply date
|5th January 2024
|1st stage is computer based
If 1st stage qualified then 2nd stage is Descriptive
|1st stage (MCQ 150 marks)
2nd stage (Descriptive 100 marks)
|Rs 35,400 to Rs 1,12,400
|Graduate in Horticulture, Agriculture, Food Technology or relevant category
|SC/ST Rs 500
EWS/UR/OBC-NCL Rs 1000
NHB Recruitment 2023 — Senior Horticulture Officer Eligibility
As an applicant you must follow the eligibility criteria before apply. Please check the eligibility criteria before apply.
- The maximum age limit is 30 years for UR/EWS category, 35 years for SC/ST and 33 years for OBC/NCL
- The PwBD candidate will get relaxation in their upper age limit.
- The minimum educational qualification of an applicant must be Graduation in Horticulture, Agriculture, Food Technology or relevant category
- Applicant can only submit one application for the post
- Applicant must have caste certificate (if applicable)
NHB Recruitment 2023 — Apply Online
- Visit the official portal https://nhbrec.ntaonline.in
- Click on New Candidate Register
- Read the instruction and submit
- Enter candidate’s name, Father’s name, Mother’s name, Date of birth, email, mobile number, identity type and number
- Enter address details. Then create password and enter the captcha
- Finally submit.
- After that you’ll get your application number (user id).
- Now complete the online application form
- Upload necessary documents such as recent passport size photo, signature, category certificate (if applicable) in jpg or jpeg format.
- Pay the application fee in online mode
- Take the print out of your application
NHB Recruitment 2023 — Exam Details
|Computer Based (MCQ)
Candidate must remember that there will be no negative marking and each question have 1 marks
NHB Recruitment Exam Syllabus Details
We already know that the NHB Recruitment 2023 exam for the post of Senior Horticulture Officer is a 2 stage test where stage 1 exam paper are different from stage 2 exam paper so please check the exam paper details.
- Stage 1 syllabus : The stage 1 exam test is an online MCQ based exam. The main test components are
- General studies,
- English Comprehension,
- Quantitative Aptitude & Mental Ability.
- Stage 2 syllabus : The stage 2 exam is a descriptive exam and the main test component are
- Horticulture and
- General Agriculture
NHB Subject wise Questions and Marks Distribution
|No of Question
|Quantitative Aptitude & Mental Ability
|Horticulture and General Agriculture
- Active email ID
- Phone number
- Passport size photo in JPG or JPEG format
- Caste certificate (If applicable)
- Government ID proof like Aadhaar card, votar card, PAN card, Passport number etc
NHB Recruitment Contact Details